After several weeks, the floor of the shed is finally done. There were some delays while I went to England, and it took two weekends to finish. First, I placed brick footings underneath the cross beams.
After the bricks were in, I built plywood concrete molds. Because the shed won’t be required to hold an enormous amount of weight (it won’t be holding any cars, at most a 1,000 pound ATV), I didn’t pour an entire solid concrete slab. Instead, I poured concrete around the edges and through the middle of the floor.
After two days of pouring, the concrete work was done.
Next, I installed the floor, which was made from very thick plywood.
After a day of work, the entire floor was done, minus trim work.
Lastly, I installed trim made from 1x4x10 boards, which reinforced the joints between the plywood and provided a clean edge around the outside of the floor.
To keep the floor dry from the rain until the walls and roof go in, I covered everything in plastic tarp. Next weekend, I’ll start framing the walls!