This weekend I continued demolition work on the lake house bathroom, removing the vanity and sink along with the old baseboard heating thermostat, and stripping the rest of the tile. Continue reading More Demolition
This past weekend, I did some exploratory demolition in the lake house master bathroom, primarily to see what was under the tile on the walls and try to get a sense of how much reconstructive work would be required. I also removed a lot of fixtures, such as towel racks, baseboard heaters, etc. This next … Continue reading Starting Lake House Bathroom Remodel
Over the last several weeks, I’ve assembled the IKEA wardrobes and removed the old closet hardware. All that is left is hanging the TV and replacing the chair in the sitting area, and removing some old things that will no longer have a place in the new closet. Here are the fully assembled wardrobes, including … Continue reading Closet Remodel Progress
When I built the stairs at the lake house last summer, I left the last two original flights of stairs in place, since they were in pretty good shape. This summer, a couple of boards at the landings of each flight had started to rot, and needed to be replaced. This past weekend, I did … Continue reading Lake House Stair Repair
Another remodeling project I plan on doing this fall is a remodel of the master closet at the main house. We’re blessed with a very large master closet (350 square feet or so), but it could be a lot better. I plan on installing floor to ceiling wardrobe style shelves and clothing racks, along with … Continue reading Master Closet Remodel
One of my projects for fall/winter is going to be remodeling the master bathroom at the lake house. Currently, it is a model of 70’s-tastic style. I plan on largely gutting it, and putting in something that fits the mid century modern style of the house but is significantly nicer and more luxurious. Here is … Continue reading Lake House Bathroom Remodel
At long last, the shed projects is done. After building and installing the doors (as covered in my last post about the project), I first painted the exterior trim. I also stained and painted the interior: After that, I installed some additional floor ramps and then was able to park the ATV and both lawn … Continue reading Shed: Finished!