This past weekend, I did some exploratory demolition in the lake house master bathroom, primarily to see what was under the tile on the walls and try to get a sense of how much reconstructive work would be required. I also removed a lot of fixtures, such as towel racks, baseboard heaters, etc.
This next weekend, I’ll start the remodel job in earnest. Here is my projected order of operations:
- Separate Vanity from Wall
- Finish Removing Tile
- Remove Mirror and Lights/Heater
- Remove and Replace Drywall
- Mud/Seal/Spackle Drywall
- Replace Shower
- Replace Toilet
- Install New Vanity
- Install New Lighting
It will be a fun project for this fall and winter!