The guest house bathroom and utility room project is really starting to take shape now. First, I finished all of the framing work, which included three large interior walls plus a smaller side wall to bolster the shower.
After that, I installed the shower walls. They were “glue up” walls, meaning that they were flexible plastic designed to be glued up to plywood, which provides the structural integrity for the shower. It was a simple process, which just entailed anchoring the plywood into the studs and using construction adhesive to attach the plastic.
Finally, I installed a door for the utility room. I used a painted door instead of stained oak, since the other doors in the garage are also painted. However, I still made sure to use a solid core door. One thing I instantly notice when I am in other houses is when contractors have been cheap and used hollow core doors. There isn’t nearly enough cost savings to justify it, and hollow core doors, instantly make a house feel lower quality.