This past weekend, I completed the final wood construction components of the stair repair and replacement for this summer. I finished the last section of railing that needed to be replaced, and replaced the last set of stair planks that needed to be replaced.
It’s been hot, sweaty work this summer, and I’m kind of glad it’s done, but it’s been a fun project to essentially finish what I started two summers ago.
There are two parts of this project left, the first of which is pouring additional concrete to reinforce railing and replace cracked concrete on some of the stairways. This weekend, I build concrete molds that can go around the railing posts where it’s not practical to auger deep enough into the ground for underground post footings.
This coming weekend, I’ll pour concrete, and then after that all that’s left is staining the new wood!