This week, I had the guest house bathroom measured for tile, and the tile is on order. I decided to stain the raw concrete lip that comes up at the base of the back wall instead of tiling it. Tiling would have added a lot of time and expense, and the stained raw concrete actually provides a pretty cool effect. It was a simple process that just required some minimal taping of existing trim.
After the paint dried and the tape was removed, the result looked great:
In addition to the concrete paint, I added drawer hardware and a faucet to the vanity and sink, and cut out space in the back of the vanity that allowed it to be moved into position.