After finishing my spring cleaning tasks in March and early April, I returned from the Masters ready to start landscaping and getting the lawn back in shape. As usual, the first thing I did was haul several palettes of mulch, and replace all of the old mulch from last year in the various beds around the house.
After the mulch, I tore out the overgrown shrubs and bushes near the gate, since they had reached a point where they were becoming an eyesore. Eventually, I’ll replace them with new bushes, but for now it is nice just to have the gate and wall more visible.
Next, I installed a panel with my address number on one of the posts, which had been needed for years to help delivery and Uber drivers figure out which house was which on the private drive.
As the weather warmed up and felt more like spring, I planted new arbor vidae to replace a couple that had died over the winter, and I planted flowers in the platers on the front porch.
All that was left was the lawn, which proved relatively easy this year since there hadn’t been any major construction projects that tore it apart last year. I fertilized and mowed, and with a little bit of watering and a lot of spring rain, it came to life very nicely!